Sunday, July 8, 2012

1 More Sleep!

So, today is July 8th and Baby S is 11 days overdue today.

Here I am at 41 weeks:


I saw my midwives the day before this photo was taken, and I had made significant progress from the week before.  On Tuesday of this past week, I was an easy couple of centimetres dilated, and they were hopeful that I would go into labour naturally before having to be induced.

On Friday I had an ultrasound to make sure baby is still doing alright in the womb.  Everything looked fine, and the tech estimated baby's weight now at 8.25 lbs.  Ultrasound weights though can be way off, so it will be interesting to see how close baby's weight actually is to that estimation.

I have literally tried every single natural labour induction remedy possible - raspberry tea, walking a ton, going up and down the stairs, going on all fours, evening primrose oil - you name it, I've tried it.  I even resorted to castor oil yesterday in a last-ditch effort.  
Oh dear, don't ever, ever try it.  Yesterday was a terrible day. Lol.

This afternoon I am booked to go to the hospital for pre-induction.  Then tomorrow morning at 8:30 am we have our official appointment to start the Pitocin drip.

So many mixed feelings at this point.  Obviously, I never would have chosen to need to be induced, nor to be 12 days overdue.  But through this whole experience, the Lord has been sanctifying me and causing me to trust more in Him and not in my own plans.  He is also teaching me not to fear or be anxious about something unknown and not 'natural' being used to cause me to go into labour.

And then on the other hand, I can barely contain my excitement!  Today is my last day being pregnant, and I know for sure that we will finally get to meet our baby tomorrow!  I have no idea how I am going to get any sleep tonight!

I'm also thankful for the certainty of induction - Mark and I have today to clean the house, get some groceries, and make sure we have everything ready for the hospital - how many people get that kind of warning and prep time before having their first baby?  Not many.

If you think of us, we would so covet your prayers tonight and tomorrow.  We can't wait to (finally) post some official baby news!


1 comment:

  1. We are so very excited for you guys! I will pray that you go into labor tomorrow morning at 2am! (that's what I did with Job... the morning I was scheduled to be induced, he stated to some on his own!) We are praying for you as you get ready to enter into this new wonderfully hard stage of life! No one can tell you how hard, yet how very great it will be! We can't wait to see pictures of cute little Sylvester and we can't wait to meet him in September (I just said him... :) I guess that's what I think baby is) :) Try to get some sleep tonight! I am so excited for you guys, I can hardly stand it!!!!

    ReplyDelete