Thursday, July 21, 2011

Viva Las Vegas!

My little brother is getting married in just over a month to one of the most beautiful girls I know, inside and out.  My family is so excited to welcome Sarah officially as part of the Valeriote clan, but I already consider her a dear friend and sister.  Because we love her so much, Britt and I wanted to throw a really special bachelorette night for her!

Jord and Sarah had originally talked about maybe heading to Vegas for their honeymoon, which got our wheels turning.  We had already purchased Vegas-themed decor elements when the happy couple opted to go Caribbean instead.  Britt and I decided to go with the Vegas theme anyway, but to give it a vintage flair.  Our theme?  50s Vegas Glamour!  All the glam and glitz of Old Hollywood and Las Vegas, without the unfortunate not-so-classy elements that we so often associate with Vegas nowadays.

We had so much fun decorating my parents' basement to fit the theme, and crafting in the weeks leading up to the shower to add some special touches.


Banners were $6 a pop in the party store, so I decided to make my own instead!







Britt made this awesome water bottle labels!  We got the idea from my friend's blog, check out her tutorial here



Before we knew it, it was time to transport ourselves back to the 50s and get glammed up.  We decided I looked like the typical older housewife sister, while Britt was the young and glamorous hipster sister.


For some reason being dressed like this just makes you want to make this face:


We were thrilled with how much effort all of the girls put into their outfits, hair and makeup.  Everyone looked awesome, but none better than the bride herself.   Doesn't she look like she stepped straight out of The Notebook?  


This look suits her so well!

We enjoyed a lovely dinner together,



And then headed home for games, snacks, and gifts






Here's one last shot of all of the girls together, with the gorgeous bride out front.  




We love you Sarah, and we can't wait for your wedding day!!






1 comment:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE! You girlies did an awesome job! What a lucky sister in law. I saw your mom at Mik's shower and she told me you guys did the water bottles. They look great!!!!!

    ReplyDelete